Friday, August 24

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream [Review]


Hi everyone,


It's review time! Today it is a product from The Body Shop.


The Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream




Let me begin by stating that this is one of my favourite daily moisturisers. It leaves you with fresh, clean feeling skin after use, and wears great under makeup. I have been using it for about 6 months now and I really enjoy having this in my collection. 

I bought this product after one of my good friends recommended it to me. I tried it, and now I'm hooked! If you are like me and have combination/oily skin this is the daily moisturiser for you! It truly does keep my skin from becoming shiny throughout the day, especially through the t-zone area.




The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream claims to be a:


"non-clogging, oil-free and easily absorbed into the skin. It also states it controls excess sebum and shine whilst bringing moisture to areas most in need, balancing the skin throughout the day. Containing seaweed, and vitamin E, it conditions, nourishes and protects, leaving the skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion."


Swatch of the gel-like consistency of the cream

The standout element of this product for me is the seaweed!




  • Wild-harvested Community Trade (from Ireland) seaweed is renowned for its conditioning and hydrating benefits, while its non-oily nature makes it particularly suitable for combination to oily skin.


  • I have to say after 6 months of using this product I have to agree with every notion stated. It does what it says and provides a moisturising but non-oily cream for people with combination to oily skin types. When using the cream I apply to the face and neck after cleansing and toning, and massage into the skin using my fingertips.


    PRO'S:
    • Moisturises dry areas
    • Balances excess sebum
    • Gives a matte, shine-free complexion
    • Works well layered under makeup
    • Smells fresh & clean
    • Product has a light - gel like consistency 
    • Sturdy packaging - great for travel.

    CONS:
    • Price! It's a little more expensive than most "drug-store" moisturisers
    • Availability! It's only available through The Body Shop stores & online shop

    RRP:

    AUD $24.95


    SIZE/AMOUNT:

              50mL container


    INGREDIENTS:



    Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Algin, Zinc Sulphate, Disodium EDTA, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Stearate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Algae Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Serine, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Tocopherol



    Have you used the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream from The Body Shop?

    Do you have recommendations for another day cream you are loving?


    Take care,

    x.k

    7 comments:

    1. ooh seems lovely! i have oily-combo skin so this is going on my try out list :)

      www.nayabloves.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Nayab :)
        Thanks for the sweet comment! Yes, I'm loving this cream, it's lovely. Let me know your thoughts when you try this one out :)

        x.k

        Delete
    2. Sounds like a really lovely and effective light day cream for those with oily skin :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi :)

        Oh how much I adore your blog! Your photos are always flawless. I love this cream, especially as a light moisturiser in the summer months. Have a lovely day!

        x.k

        Delete
    3. Hi Cami :)

      Lovely blog you have there - I'm following you for sure! Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Come back soon!

      x.k

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi & welcome,

      Thanks for commenting :) Yes, I would love to follow each other. I've subscribed to you blog - if you like just click the 'follow via email' or 'GFC' button icons on the right sidebar. Keep in touch!

      x.k

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you for the great review! there's one thing that bothers me too - parabens. As natural as Body shop tries to be, too many of their products have parabens:-(

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...