Sunday, August 11

| Birthday Week | Part 4 | SPINOFF FESTIVAL Adelaide | Food Adventures | Onyx Dessert Lounge |

Hi everyone,

Well and truly by now you would know it was my BIRTHDAY recently, and with that I wanted to share the fun I had! This is the FINAL Part 4I hope you have enjoyed a look into what I got up to for my birthday!


Mr W and I attended the SPINOFF FESTIVAL in Adelaide. What a wonderful present!


It was a HUGE day for us (especially me, the biggest newbie to festivals!) We got there at 3:30pm and it finished up around 11:30pm with Of Monsters & Men as the final act of the night. It was an amazing day!


Below, Of Monsters & Men all the way from Iceland to Adelaide, South Australia!


The aftermath of the dirty alcohol sodden and messy floor at Thebarton Theater. Snakadaktal, another band of young Australian singers that were some of my favourites of the festival! Their music is so chilled and ethereal. Mr W and I with an impressive shot taken in almost darkness :)


After being so indecisive about what to do for my birthday with friends this year, I finally decided upon a dessert lounge. There definitely is NO lack of choice for dessert bars in Adelaide of late. 

I made a booking for 12 of my favourite people at Onyx Dessert Lounge in North Adelaide on O'Connell Street. 


The lounges decor was relaxing, with pops of colour and subtle lighting. On the night Amy Whinehouse tunes filled the lounge, creating a chilled atmosphere for coffeecocktails and desserts

The menu's were presented on a nifty tablet that we passed around our group of 12 (it would have been to have a few more though) Apart from that, it was a fun, creative, and interactive talking point for all. 


I ordered a latte that arrived in a unique gold cup, cube of brown sugar and tasty gooey centered chocolate included. Costing $5 I thought this was great!


Dessert time!

Chocolate Peanut Fondant with Salted Caramel Ice cream


mouth-watering and intense chocolate experience to say the very least. Almost half of our group chose this dessert, as it came highly recommended by our waiter.

My favourite aspects of the dessert were the crunchy roasted peanuts and salted caramel crumb that lay beneath the ice-cream. I highly recommned this dessert when visiting Onyx Dessert Lounge. Cost $17



The Espresso Martini is also worth trying if you're a coffee lover! Cost $18.


My initial reaction to realising it was nearing my birthday this year was something like this!


BUT..........

I can honestly say that my birthday this year was one of my most special in memory! 
I am gradually coming to terms with getting another year older the wiser. 


Putting any negativity aside now :) What do MOST love about Birthdays?


Thank you for hanging in there & sharing in my FINAL Birthday Week Part 4 post! 



Take care,


x.k

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...