Tuesday, August 27

| REVIEW | Essence 24hr Hand Protection Balm | Winter Edition |


Winter 2013 has less than 1 week left in Australia

Whilst browsing the Essence stand at my local Target a few months back I came across the Essence Winter Edition 24hr hand protection balm. The packaging initially lured me closer, but as soon as I was able to read the scents.........

Caramel Hot Chocolate.......Gingerbreak Chai Latte.......Apple Cinnamon Punch! 

 I had to buy ALL three!


The Essence 24hr hand protection balm is an intensive repair care for particularly rough and dry hands. The repair formula with shea butter and coconut oil provides moisture and care and protects your hands from dryness for up to 24hrs. It also does not leave an oily residue on your hands either. Bonus!

My personal favourite by a hop-skip-jump is the Apple Cinnamon Punch. I am a sucker for cinnamon in the cooler months, on my morning porridge, when craving hot cinnamon donuts, baking Apple Cinnamon Teacake, and in my beauty products! 

Apple Cinnamon Punch is the sweetest scent of all three available. So, if this isn't for you, perhaps try the Caramel Hot Chocolate for a luxurious sweetness or the Gingerbread Chai Latte for something more spicy and aromatic.



Size / Amount: 75ml

Packaging: 

Colourful and practical packaging! I love the deliciously tempting food illustrations on the tube. Small enough to keep in your handbag for daily use. Yet, big enough, leaving NO need to ration the product so it lasts you longer. Secure "click" closure ensures no leakage.



RRP: AUD$1.99 (available at Priceline / Target).


Ingredients:

Aqua (water), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, butyrospermum, parkii (shea butter), cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, petrolatum, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, ceteareth-20, magnesium sulfate, polyacrylic acid, disodium edta, PEG-8, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, parfum (fragrance), benzyl salicylate, coumarin, eugenol, limonene, linalool.



Pro's:
  • Deliciously scented
  • You get to choose from 3 scents
  • Cute packaging
  • Ultra-hydrating hand balm
  • No sticky residue
  • Secure "click" closure
  • Size. Compact enough to carry in your handbag for daily use
  • CHEAP price point!

Con's:

  • Availability - I didn't spot the range on many Essence displays
  • Slightly off-putting list of ingrediants. BUT this product does not claim to be either Organic or Paraben-free, so I can deal with it.  
  • Would love to have more scent varieties in the range.


The Verdict: 

The Essence 24hr hand protection balms do what they claim on their ever-so-darling- packaging! They are very hydrating, offer a delicious scent that lingers, and are inexpensive at under AUD$2 each!

The hand balms recently made great gifts for that 'extra little something' to put in a birthday present for some of my girlfriends. 

All in all, a fun product to sit on your bedside table and lather onto your hands, morning or night. Smells divine! I do hope that Essence release a Spring OR Summer range of the 24hr hand protection balms. Just imagine some of the beautifully fresh scents they could create!




Rating: / 5



Have you tried Essence's 24hr Hand Protection Balms?


What scents would you LOVE to try in an upcoming Spring or Summer collection?



(International readers, not sure if this was a 2012 release OR upcoming 2013 winter. Let me know in the comments section below).



Take care,


x.k





* These products were purchased with my own money. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own, and are always 100% honest & unbiased. Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. I purchased these when they first released and believe it or not, have yet to use them! (That doesn't stop me from sniffing them though - yum!)
    I didn't really like the ingredients list either but eh, like you said they aren't claiming to be something they're not!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to it Jasmine :) they smell so lovely and absorb quickly into your hands. Put one in your handbag, they are so handy if you have a few minutes to spare in your day to apply. Biggest decision, deciding which scent hehee. Take care,
      x.k

      Delete
  2. These look so lovely. The packaging is sweet and they are a decent size for the price. I'd love these, my hands are really suffering lately.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lindsey, the packaging is very sweet and you get good 'bang for your buck' with this product. Thanks for reading!
      x.k

      Delete
  3. Hi Kristal! I love these; I bought 2 of the Gingerbread variety and am a fan! However, I find that I have to apply quite a lot for my hands to feel really moisturised, compared to other brands (especially Urban Rituelle for example).

    Have a great week ahead! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for the comment :) Yes, I bought the Gingerbread Latte as well, smelt so delicious! Urban Rituelle do have beautifully hydrating products.
      x.k

      Delete
  4. Wow, Essence is really expanding their line. I find a lot of the Essence stands in Target are atrocious. Always low in stock and the displays are always messy and dirty. And I find that not all Pricelines have Essence in store. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ty, lovely to hear from you again :) Essence are great for trying out different products because there is a 'no risk' situation (they're so cheap!) I just wish my local stores would bring out the collections in time with other stores nationally. Luckily for us, Priceline now carry the brand :)

      x.k

      Delete
  5. I love a good hydrating hand cream, especially when it is a cheapie. Essence have been pulling out the big guns lately.
    Thanks for the review

    Luc xx

    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luc,
      Thanks! That's true, I do love a cheapie as well. It's frivolous beauty fun if you ask me :)
      x.k

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...